Q. What is GPF?
A. The Global Peering Forum is a yearly networking event that promotes interconnection among networks, content, cloud, and digital media organizations and related entities. The 2017 meeting will be the 12th such meeting. This year’s GPF host sponsors are AMS-IX, CyrusOne, DE-CIX, Equinix, JPNAP, LINX, Netflix, and NL-ix.
Q. Who should attend GPF?
A. We highly recommend GPF for peering and interconnection decision makers at organizations actively involved in exchanging internet traffic. If you are not an interconnection decision maker for your organization, we genuinely appreciate your interest in GPF and can suggest a number of other network and operations-focused events that might be appropriate to attend.
Q. Is there a list of currently registered GPF 12.0 attendees?
A. Not quite yet. After we launch registration on December 1 it will be located at Current Attendee List.
Q. Is there a meeting maker for GPF 12.0?
A. Yes! Meeting times will be included on the Agenda and paid attendees should have received a meeting maker invite from email@example.com. For additional help:
- How to Schedule a Private Meeting
- How to Edit a Private Meeting
- How to Remove/Decline a Private Meeting
- How do I get an iCal feed to add to Google Calendar or Microsoft Outlook?
- Note: Testing with Google Calendar has worked without the bug noted on that link, however Google seems to only poll the webcal:// URL once or twice a day, so updates may be delayed. Other calendar programs may poll more frequently or on-demand.
- To add a meeting using the mobile site, click on Attendees, find one attendee you would like to meet with, then click the Meet button in the upper right. After this, you can add additional attendees, and select a time and location.
Q. How do I book a hotel room for GPF 12.0?
A. If your registration was confirmed for GPF 12.0, your confirmation email contains a link to the Sheraton website to book at the GPF rate.
Q. Are additional hotel nights available at the GPF rate before or after the event?
A. Yes, pending availability there may be rooms available at the GPF rate. We will update when we have hotel information.
Q. Where can I find GPF sponsorship information?
A. We have a limited number of sponsorships remaining for GPF 12.0 on our Sponsorship Opportunities page. Thanks for your interest!
Q. I do not like your rules. Can I just stay down the street and crash GPF?
A. We would greatly appreciate respect of the mission of GPF and our activities. Crashing GPF would reflect poorly on you and your organization and might be noted in future considerations of interactions. Our primary goal is to maximize the success of the event for all attendees by recruiting a variety of relevant and interesting individuals.